Mr. Berkley began his legal career even before graduating from law school. While at College (B.A. Binghamton University 1987), Mr. Berkley was an intern at the New York State Attorney General's Office in Binghamton, New York. Mr. Berkley worked in the Consumer Frauds Bureau of the New York State Attorney General's Office.
During Law School (J.D. Pace University Law School 1990), Mr. Berkley was an intern at the United States Attorney's Office in N.Y.C. This is the same office that has prosecuted all of the World Trade Center terrorists.
Mr. Berkley also put himself through law school working for various law firms and paying his dues in the legal community.
Immediately after graduating from law school in 1990, Mr. Berkley took and passed both the New Jersey and New York Bar Exams, and went directly into private practice.
Areas of Practice
- Construction Law & Construction Litigation
- Ground Leasing
- Real Estate Law & Real Estate Litigation
- Business Organizations
- Business & Commercial Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- New York, 1990
- New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Florida, 2017
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York
- J.D. - 1990
- Binghamton University, New York, New York
- B.A. - 1987
- Major: Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member
- Bergen County Bar Association, Member
- American Institute of Architects, Allied Member
- Nassau County Bar Association, Construction Law Committee, Member
Past Employment Positions
- New York State Attorney General's Office in Binghamton, New York, Intern
- United States Attorney's Office in N.Y.C., Intern